HPLA Alumni and Faculty Community of Practice
Creating and sustaining regional and statewide networks of housing policy leaders and influencers committed to advancing housing solutions for all
Put your knowledge about building equitable, inclusive housing solutions into action by joining HPLA alumni and faculty from your cohort, your region and from across the state into the HPLA Alumni and Faculty Community of Practice. The Community of Practice will continue to support cohort alumni and faculty with regional and statewide networking, on-going information sharing on current best and emerging practices, and strategies to address our housing crisis so that together we can deepen our personal, professional and collective capacity to create inclusive housing strategies for all Californians.
Why Join the Community of Practice?
- Stay informed about legislation, industry trends, best practices, and real-world case examples
- Further deepen relationships with people from different backgrounds and sectors
- Share and gather feedback on local projects and initiatives
- Develop and advance policies to support the development of equitable, inclusive housing solutions
- Network with other like-minded policymakers and industry leaders
The Community of Practice is open to faculty and alumni of the Housing Policy Leadership Academy and designated custom courses for up to two years following course completion. Alumni can choose to engage with their cohort, future cohorts from the region, and other alumni statewide based on their geography and areas of interest.
Community members have access to a variety of resources and tools to support their professional development and practice:
- Timely and on-going information sharing pushed out to all members
- 3-4 in-market events a year for 2021 and 2022 (in person post-COVID) on current issues, best practices, and legislative updates
- Opportunities for community of practice leadership and mentorship roles
- LinkedIn groups and online discussion forums where you can share information about topics of interest
- Multimedia resource library
- Member resource directory