Vienna Social Housing Field Study: International Best Practices in Mixed-Income Housing
Upcoming Vienna social Housing Field Study Trips
Spring and Summer sessions available in 2024
GPLA's Vienna Social Housing 2024 Field Study
International best practices in mixed-income housing
The Global Policy Leadership Academy (GPLA) is offering a series of intensive housing policy field studies designed to give carefully curated cohorts of local and regional housing policy leaders, practitioners, and changemakers a deep understanding of the Vienna social housing model and how it came to be the most livable city in the world.
Photo credit: © IBA_Wien/ Agnes T. Ackerl
What to Expect
It Doesn't End There
To reinforce and share our collective learnings, GPLA offers a robust online learning platform after each field study where participants can access course materials, engage in discussion forums, exchange information on challenges and best practice solutions, and collaborate on projects.
Shape the Future of Housing with Peers Across the Housing Space
Each cohort of field study participants is carefully planned and curated to ensure a diverse and productive mix of highly complementary thought leaders.
Invitations are still available for the following field studies:
- Spring Cohort: April 14 – 20, 2024
- Summer Cohort: July 14 – 20, 2024
Discover, Learn, and Share
The exclusive curriculum includes daily lectures, symposia, gatherings, exhibits, field trips, and discussion of topics including:
- The role of government in planning and funding social housing
- The economics of the Vienna Social Housing Model including rents and incomes served
- A comparison of affordable housing in the USA to the Vienna Social Housing Model
- Urban planning and urban design
- Creating permanent affordability for all
- Housing subsidies in Vienna
- Creating a walkable and bikeable city
Photo credit: © IBA_Wien / Stefan Zamisch Photo
We're Making a Difference
Hear what previous cohort participants had to say about their experience.
How did this major European city reverse direction and create a stable,
well-functioning, and affordable housing system?
Join us in Vienna to find out.
Photo credit: © Visualisierung Telegra
Explore All That Vienna Has to Offer
This intensive was created to give ample opportunities for exploring what makes Vienna’s culture and communities so special.
Daily breakfasts and nightly dinners are also part of this all-inclusive trip.
Who is This Experience For?
- Elected officials
- Local, regional, and state housing policy leaders
- Community leaders
- Community planning professionals
- Community resiliency and sustainability professionals
- Affordable housing development and finance professionals
- Non-profit changemakers
Looking to send a group from your organization?
GPLA works with Community Sponsors to identify diverse cohorts and create exclusive, relevant learning opportunities.
Ready to be part of the discussion in Vienna?
Photo credit: © Woow Studios